The Davidson Track for Mathematical Excellence
No more excuses: receive from us workbooks, original content and access to our online learning material, and advance your students to the next level
Math class in junior high school is an important turning point for the rest of the academic track students choose for themselves. This exactly why it is the right time to advance students who already have shown interest in this subject, enhance their curiosity and boost their motivation to study math on a 5 matriculation unit level in high school.
For this purpose, we are offering schools the “Davidson Track for Mathematical Excellence”. For the students it translates into extra lessons during which they will actively learn new topics in mathematics via research, games, workbooks and other activities developed by the experts of the Davidson Institute of Science Education. The teachers receive the required equipment for performing the activities in class, participate in recognized advanced study workshops (Gmul Hishtalmut) and receive close guidance throughout the program.
The program creates a community of teachers with a passion for excellence and empowers them. Wouldn’t you want to be a part of it?
More about the program
Advantages of the track
- Raising the level of math studies for excelling students and in the entire school.
- Promoting the status of the school in the community and among the parents.
- Answer the students’, parents’ and math teachers’ demand for such a program.
- Enrichment activities, mostly in creative mathematics and logical thinking, with the appropriate interface with the regular syllabus.
- Teaching in the track is carried out by the teachers of the school that will receive continuous training and personal guidance.
- The activities are based upon students working either independently or in groups, with instruction, research and asking questions (Hands-On Activity).
- The track focuses on acquiring research skills via learning from experience, while meeting the requirements for excellence, encouraging curiosity, developing mathematical ability and high-level thinking.
· During the year, students and teachers will be invited to an activity day at the Davidson Institute of Science Education at the Weizmann Institute of Science filled with workshops, lectures and special tours.
· It is also possible to hold a parent-student activity sometime during the year.