Connect your students to cutting-edge science! Invite leading researchers to your class for a video conference and encourage your students’ curiosity
Do students ever ask you “what is science good for?” and “Why do we have to learn this?” iScientist enables you to connect your students to cutting-edge science, trigger their curiosity, and link your study material to up-to-date, groundbreaking research.
Through the program, science teachers in junior-high and high schools invite a researcher from the cutting-edge of contemporary science to hold an informal video conversation with their students. Students are encouraged to ask anything they find intriguing in the field, opening up new worlds for them and giving them role models.
The program includes:
- Coordination of a video conversation with a researcher, according to the class needs.
- Suggestion of an interactive special lesson in preparation for the video conversation, which will evoke the students’ curiosity and encourage them to ask questions.
- Technical support via phone before and if needed, during the video conversation.
How does it work?
1. Choose a topic that will work well for your class.
2. We connect you with a suitable researcher and will help you coordinate a mutually suitable time.
3. Talk with the researchers to see that you are on the same page.
4. Conduct a preparation lesson for the video conversation that should be interactive and encourage students to ask questions.
5. Hold the video conference with the researcher.
6. Summarize the experience.
Is this your first lesson? We are here to help with whatever is needed.
Want to suggest this format to the entire faculty? We encourage you to invite workshops to school for the entire science teaching team.
The program is available only in Israel.
For further information, visit the Hebrew site.