Sukkot at the Garden of Science
Drawing a star map, building your own personal telescope for home, and a scientific demonstration show – Sukkot 2018 at the Garden of Science
During Hol HaMo'ed Sukkot the Clore Garden of Science invites you and your family to participate in a variety of special activities and workshops for the holiday. The activities include building a personal telescope, becoming familiar with the four species (Arba'at HaMinim), and of course, visiting the "Spin around Mars" exhibition, which will continue running through Sukkot due to public demand.
The exhibition, taking place at the Garden of Science, will give you the opportunity to participate in various missions and activities, like "commanding" a team of astronauts that study Mars, feeling what it is like walking on Mars using VR, driving a virtual space vehicle, and experiencing astronaut living conditions in the unique "habitat" that was built especially for the exhibition.
Aside from the exhibition, you can enjoy other activities especially for Sukkot, which are suitable for the entire family:
- Introduction to the stars in the sky – receive a map, in which each exhibit in the Garden of Science symbolizes a specific planet. Only by solving riddles will you be able to move from one exhibit to another and draw the full map to reveal the locations of the stars.
- Building a telescope – receive a personal telescope kit, which you can build together, to watch the stars in the map you solved earlier.
- Fragrance workshop – try to identify the smell coming from bottles containing different substances.
- Sachets – make scented bags from fragrant oils and special ingredients.
- Surprise show – watch scientific demonstrations for Sukkot that will prove the impossible.
Tickets will be acceptable until September 29, 2018
Please note: Online registration gives a 10% discount
All ages (recommended for children over 5; the VR stand is suitable for ages 7 and up), organized tour groups and study groups.
Open until September 29, 2018
*The special Sukkot activities listed above will only take place during the holiday.
Opening hours in September:
Saturdays (8, 15, 22): 9am-6pm
Rosh HaShana (10-11): 9am-6pm
Sukkot (24-27): 9am-6pm
Friday Hol HaMo'ed Sukkot (28): 9am-2pm
Saturday in Sukkot (29): 9am-6pm
For navigation using Waze or Google Maps, search for “Garden of Science.” Enter the Weizmann Institute campus and park in the Garden of Science parking lot. Parking is free – and abundant.
2-for-1 sale: only 50 NIS per visitor (adult or child) for entrance to the exhibition + Garden of Science!
A 10% discount will be given for online bookings; a 50% discount for senior citizens/students/disabled persons; free entrance for children under 5.
Discounts will be given only if appropriate identification in presented at the Garden of Science ticket office. Participating in the activities is conditional on ticket purchase – online or at the ticket office.