The Neil Shore Recreational Math Workshop - Flexagons
As part of a recent initiative - and with the kind support of both Mr. Neil Shore from Canada (a long time friend of the Davidson Institute) and the U.S. Embassy, the Davidson Institute is organizing an innovative, interdisciplinary, research and development workshop on the flexagon (a folded paper figure that can be flexed along its fold to expose various arrangements of its faces). This event will bring together experts from Israel and abroad, including mathematicians, recreational math professionals, math educators and gifted school students.
Throughout the workshop participants will be able to:
- Deepen their understanding of flexagons
- Discover new flexagons and flexes
- Create flexagons
- Study the math underlying flexagons
- Summarize and publish their findings
- Develop inspiring math education activities based on the workshop products
The workshop will be held in English and will take place in June 10 – 13, 2019.