"Shavit" Track for Scientific Excellence
No more excuses: receive from us a box of equipment, workbooks and access to our online materials and advance your students to the next level
Science class in junior high school is usually the first time during which students are exposed to high-level physics, chemistry and biology. That is exactly why this is the right time to help the students who already found interest in these subjects – enhance their curiosity and motivation to continue their science studies also through high school.
For this purpose, we offer schools the “Shavit” track for scientific excellence. For the students, this includes an increase in the amount of science lessons in which they get to learn science actively, by experiments, games, specialized workbooks (especially in physics) and activities developed by the Davidson Institute of Science Education. The teachers, on their part, receive the required equipment for performing the experiments in class, an opportunity to participate in recognized advanced study workshops (Gmul Hishtalmut) and close guidance throughout the program.
The “Shavit” track has succeeded so far in creating a community of teachers with a passion for excellence, sharing between them the knowledge and experience they have acquired in the program and exchanging experiences. Wouldn’t you want to be a part of it?
More information for teachers and principals [Hebrew version]
- Enhancing the level of science teaching for excelling students and in the entire school.
- Promoting the status of the school in the community and among the parents.
- Answer the students’, parents’ and science teachers’ demand for such a program.
- Enrichment activities and extension of the regular syllabus of topics learned in science and technology, with an emphasis on physics.
- All the teaching is carried out by the teachers of the school that will receive continuous training and personal guidance.
- The activities are based upon students doing lab work either independently or in groups (Hands-On Science).
- The track focuses on acquiring research skills via learning from experience, while meeting the requirements for excellence, encouraging curiosity, developing mathematical ability and high-level thinking.
For more information look at the Hebrew site.