Connect your students to cutting-edge science! Invite leading researchers to your class for a video conference and encourage your students’ curiosity
Interested in provoking the students’ curiosity and linking your study material to up-to-date, groundbreaking research? Do students ever ask you “what is science good for?” and “Why do we have to learn this?”
The “iScientist” program allows you, science teachers in junior high school and high school, to invite a researcher from the cutting-edge of contemporary science to hold an informal video conversation with your students. Enable your students to ask anything they find intriguing in the field, open up new worlds for them and give them role models.
What does the program entail?
- Coordination of a video conversation with a researcher, according to the class needs.
- Suggestion of an interactive special lesson in preparation for the video conversation, which will evoke the students’ curiosity and will encourage them to ask questions.
- Technical support via phone before, and if needed, during the video conversation.
How does it work?
1. Choose a topic that will work well for your class.
2. We connect you with a suitable researcher and will help you coordinate a time with them.
3. Talk with the researchers to see that you are on the same page.
4. Have a preparation lesson for the video conversation that should be interactive and encourage students to ask questions.
5. Have the video conference with the researcher.
6. Summarize the experience.
Holding the first lesson? We will help with whatever is needed.
Want to suggest this format for the entire faculty? We encourage you to invite workshops to school for the entire science teaching team.
The program is available only in Israel.
For more information please look at the Hebrew site.